Helping you find your way home
Search for Real Estate in and around The Comox Valley
Gorgeous 2 bed, 2 bath condo with den located in Parksville just a short walk from the beach and shops. The master boasts large windows, a walk-in closet and a 3 piece ensuite. The main living area is bright and open with a modern kitchen with wood shaker style cabinetry and high end counter tops, open to the dining area and living room with a fireplace and a bonus room off the kitchen which could be used as ...Listed by ROYAL LEPAGE NANAIMO REALTY (NANISHWYN)
Bright. Serene. Inviting. A favourite with growing families, this immaculate single-owner home is conveniently located near great schools, stores, restaurants, hospital, college, airport, and CFB Comox. This end-unit townhome (and former show suite) overlooks a six-acre green space with playground, duck pond and dog trails, and provides a peek-a-boo mountain view from the top floor. The main floor offers...
Updated riverfront condo just steps from the historic 5th street Courtenay shopping district offers the best of both worlds. Relax in your quiet, spacious 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom + loft home with full windows & sliding glass doors to private balcony overlooking the crystal clear waters of the Puntledge River. Enjoy your new kitchen appliances, countertops, cupboards, lighting & flooring. Have peace of mind w...Listed by RE/MAX OCEAN PACIFIC REALTY (CX)
This family home is centrally located on a quiet street, steps from Woodcote Park and mere blocks from the elementary and middle schools. The backyard is a sunny oasis featuring a large deck, shade trees and a concrete pad for your extra vehicles. The drive-through carport provides easy access to the backyard. Five bedrooms can be converted back to four, providing a large rec room on the ground floor. The lar...
An extraordinary canvas waits for your ideas, with two homes on one river-font lot. The 2700 sq. ft. main house overlooks a lush green oasis on the edge of Nile Creek. A large 3-bedroom carriage house sits atop 2388 square feet of garage, workshop, and hobby space. Enjoy the natural world: watching deer from your living room, marveling at the spawning salmon in autumn, cooling-off in the creek in summer, or...
Immaculate Comox family home in an excellent location with views of the Glacier. This bright and spacious 2338 sqft. 4 bedroom family home has been lovingly cared for and well maintained for nearly 40 years. Plenty of space for the whole family and guests. This home features a cozy natural fireplace in the living room. 3 bedrooms up and a expansive semi wrap around deck with views and perfect for entertaining...Listed by RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015