F. (250) 334-9955
2230a Cliffe Ave.
Helping you find your way home
Search for Real Estate in and around The Comox Valley
This bright, gorgeous lot is waiting for your ideas. 0.42 acres of gently sloping land provides excellent Eastern exposure which will appeal to the passionate gardener. The property is located between the Buckley Bay Ferry Terminal and Union Bay, meaning you're just minutes from Courtenay via the Old or New Island Highway. This patch of sunshine is less than 100 meters from the shoreline: a short trail across...
A superb starter home: This conveniently-located half-duplex is just minutes away from shopping, the downtown core, elementary and middle schools. The large garage provides room for your vehicle, with plenty of storage space for toys. For the gardener, there is a tool shed out back, and plenty of morning sun. The deck enjoys evening shade, and is just off the living room, making it an easy line from the kitch...
This rancher offers the creative and industrious buyer room for their imagination. This three-bedroom, one bathroom house is located on a sunny lot, with mature trees and flowering shrubs. The southern exposure in the back yard gives you room for that garden you have always wanted.The property boasts superb walk ability: it is only a ten minute stroll to Highland Park Secondary, twelve minutes to the Comox Co...
3D Virtual Tour and home inspection available. This 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom 1/2 duplex is centrally located in East Courtenay at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac. It's efficient layout offers a back patio just steps from the south-facing kitchen, ideal for BBQing and watching the kids play while cooking. The fenced backyard has low maintenance gardens plus two garden beds ready to plant your favourite foods. All 3...Listed by eXp Realty
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015