Helping you find your way home
Search for Real Estate in and around The Comox Valley
Situated in a prime location Wintergreen is minutes away to all amenities including the new hospital, North Island College, Costco, Thrifty's, Aquatic centre,Home Depot & Crown Isle Resort. This small 12 unit complex is well run & this 2bed/2bath unit offers 1067 sq ft. The living room leads to a generous sized balcony with views of Mount Washington that is surrounded by trees & greenspace for added privacy. ...Listed by RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty (CX)
Location, location, location! Immaculate 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo just a few yards from the Courtenay Marina. Gorgeous views of the mountains, river and ocean. The suite itself offers beautiful bright open concept living with a cozy electric fireplace. The master bedroom is the perfect retreat with an ensuite and walk in closet. Enjoy your morning coffee on your covered patio. A washer and dryer are includ...Listed by VIREB Out Of Board Office
Centrally located in Comox, this family 4 bedroom home is close to schools parks, and all amenities. With an open floor plan, and kitchen cutout to family room area, features include white and bright updated kitchen cabinets, laminate flooring throughout, huge Masterbedroom with cheater bathroom access, gas fireplace in Living room, bathroom updates, large family room downstairs, 2 bedrooms downstairs, storag...Listed by RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty (CX)
Welcome to your new home. This family-friendly duplex is centrally-located, close to the downtown core, and close to schools. There are four bedrooms: the garage was converted to a fourth bedroom and a storage space, but the removal of one wall could restore it to its original purpose. The home is freshly repainted. Other updates to provide peace-of-mind include a new hot water tank this year, a new roof in 2...
The works has been done on this ideal 4 bedroom family home in central Courtenay. Enjoy the renovated kitchen and living area with the added bonus of a heat pump for economical heating and cooling control. If the outdoors are your thing, there is a large fenced yard for kids or pets, as well as loads of room for a separate shop in the future. New roof just installed for years of maintenance free living. Add t...Listed by Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015