Helping you find your way home
Search for Real Estate in and around The Comox Valley
This bright and updated home is conveniently located close to shops, North Island College, elementary and high schools, hospital, and rec centre. The large, fully-fenced back yard offers room for gardening or summer playtime. Relax in the covered front porch, screened-in to keep mosquitos away, and your kitty, close to home. A lot of the updates and upgrades have already been done for you, including the n...
Rustic-modern? Rural-chic? This home is the original Piercy Farm homestead, built in 1915 and lovingly restored for you to enjoy. Original details have been kept wherever possible; reclaimed fir, local pine and modern conveniences fill-in where improvements were needed. Four new skylights brighten the home, even in winter, and the sunroom offers you magnificent views of Baynes Sound and the mountains of the...
This bright, immaculate, and compact home will delight you. This three-bedroom rancher is centrally located, between Superstore and the College. Updated premium Rehau windows provide security and noise-attenuation, and a gas fireplace will keep your family cozy in winter. The large south-facing and fully-fenced back yard offers plenty of room for kids and pets, with room to spare for ambitious gardening...
A unique offering in the heart of Puntledge, for those who enjoy nature and privacy. This half-duplex is located across from Puntledge Park, up a private lane that keeps the home and the neighbouring duplex nestled in the trees, well-back from 1st Street. The large yard shares an additional 0.6 acres with the unit next door. A small creek runs along the bottom edge of the property, giving you a quiet oasis...
Central Courtenay, desirable townhome with a private fenced backyard. Welcome to stylish Creekside Estates! This home was built in 2018 and offers 1400 sq ft, 3 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms. The main level living area is well laid out, features engineered hardwood floors, 9ft ceilings, contemporary electric fireplace, large windows looking out to the spacious yard, and access to the single garage. Upstairs offer...Listed by RE/MAX OCEAN PACIFIC REALTY (CX)
Whether you're looking for a centrally-located home or a shrewd investment, this apartment is worth a look. This second floor walk-up in a pet-friendly complex offers security and good natural light. The efficient galley kitchen boasts a few upgrades, including a newer fridge and dishwasher, plus a large resin double sink. The laundry room is large enough for the full-sized washer and dryer, and there is a...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015