Helping you find your way home
Search for Real Estate in and around The Comox Valley
Stunning views of the ocean, Kye Bay, and the Coast Mountains will entice you, but it's the details you'll fall in love with. Completely rebuilt in 2004, this large family home offers room to play, garden, tinker, and entertain. The huge deck off the kitchen is perfect for barbecues, the sunny deck out back for an afternoon read. There is a covered patio off the family room, and a private deck off the master ...
Welcome to your new home. This family-friendly duplex is centrally-located, close to the downtown core, and close to schools. There are four bedrooms: the garage was converted to a fourth bedroom and a storage space, but the removal of one wall could restore it to its original purpose. The home is freshly repainted. Other updates to provide peace-of-mind include a new hot water tank this year, a new roof in 2...
A charming, family home, brimming with welcome and warmth. Just a few minutes walk from Valley View elementary along quiet neighbourhood paths, this home offers a full quarter-acre of yard space, a fully-fenced back yard, and a peek at the mountains from the sun-drenched kitchen and deck. At over 2600 square feet, there is plenty of room for your family, your home office, and your visitors. The well-tended ga...
Welcome to Gary Oaks Gardens, a well maintained apartment complex on a no-thru road. This bright and inviting 2 bedroom 2 bath corner unit has an open concept living area flooded with natural light. A spacious kitchen with plenty of cupboard & counter space with a large island perfect for entertaining. Enjoy morning coffee on your deck complete with mountain views. This well managed strata building has a secu...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015